This lesson was about accessibility of web-pages. I chose the screen reader tool because my wife has some vision issues. While she can still read, she has to enlarge the text quite a bit. The screen reader might be something for her to consider.
In this lesson, the key elements to learn involved adding absolute links, formatting them and putting in anchors to jump around on the page. As always, I thought the text itself was going to be the most difficult part. Once I got started, it went smoothly. The formatting of the text is where I had 3 minor errors.
1. I put in <p> tags before my <h2> tags. Don’t do this.
2. I forgot to put quotes around my id names. Don’t do this either.
3. I had a missing </p> tag to close out a paragraph. Especially don’t do this.
I was able to find all of these mistakes thanks to the validator and the sample pages. The validator led me to the lines I had with errors. I couldn’t always see what I was missing. By looking at the sample, I could see what they had that I didn’t (or didn’t have that I did). This allowed me to fix my errors.
I am getting more and more comfortable with the Dreamweaver software. I’m getting more comfortable with my text. I hope the rest of the semester goes as well.